WS Flash & Flashing Primer
WS Flash is a patented, 30-mil thick, self-sealing, self-healing composite membrane of polyester fabric and rubberized asphalt. WS Flash is compatible with Acrocrete Base Coats and Acrostop RS. WS Flash is supplied in rolls, on release paper, for easy application.
Maintains a seal when penetrated by fasteners
Acrostop RS and Acrocrete Base Coats can be applied to polyester face
Use as part of adhesively applied Wall Systems
Supplied in rolls on release paper
- Used as an air/water-resistive barrier accessory to connect different air barrier materials or assemblies together to make the air/water-resistive barrier continuous.
- Flashing at sills, approved sheathing joints, rough openings, and terminations.
- As an expansion joint seal.
- Flashing Primer is to be used under WS Flash membrane on these acceptable substrates and other surfaces
- Wood framing (Note: Verify adhesion before applying to wood that has been treated in any way.)
- ASTM C1177 sheathings; e.g. eXP™, GlasRoc®, Securock™ and DensGlass™
- Water-resistant core gypsum sheathing (ASTM C79/ASTM C1396)
- Cement-board (ASTM C1325 Type A Exterior)
- Exposure 1 or exterior plywood sheathing
- Exposure 1 OSB
- Steel framing
- WS Flash (itself)
- Acrostop Air/Water-Resistive Barriers
- WS FLASH 4: 10.2 cm x 30.5 m (4" x 100'), 9 rolls per carton
- WS FLASH 9: 22.9 cm x 30.5 m (9" x 100'), 4 rolls per carton
- WS FLASH 4: 274.3 Lin m (900 Lin ft) per carton
- WS FLASH 9: 121.9 Lin m (400 Lin ft) per carton