Acrostop RS is a one-component fluid-applied vapor permeable air/water-resistive barrier. Waterproof and resilient, it may be spray-, roller-, trowel-, or brush-applied directly to approved wall substrates.
It provides excellent secondary moisture protection behind most wall claddings including EIFS, stucco (slip sheet required), brick, siding and metal panels.
Can be used with most code-compliant claddings
One continuous air/water-resistive barrier for buildings with multiple claddings
Meets ASTM D 1970 nail sealability requirements with and without Sheathing Fabric
One component, low VOC formulation
Easy to apply, meets VOC requirements in all 50 states
Approved for Acrocrete Wall Systems
Full system warranty with Acrocrete EIFS and stucco wall claddings
Cleans up with water; solvents and citrus-based cleaners are not required
Tough, abrasion resistant
Rugged membrane resists damage after installation
Nonflammable as applied
Promotes workplace safety
180 day outdoor exposure rating (30 days if used as part of an adhesively fastened wall system)
Flexible construction scheduling
Acrostop RS is used as a vapor permeable air/water-resistive barrier over the following exterior wall substrates:
Acrostop RS should not be used for below grade applications or on surfaces subject to water immersion.
- ASTM C1177 type sheathings, including DensGlass™ or DensElement™ exterior sheathing, eXP™ sheathing, GlasRoc® sheathing, Securock™ glass-mat sheathing, Weather Defense™ Platinum sheathing, GreenGlass® sheathing
- PermaBase™ brand cement board by National Gypsum (or other ASTM C1325 Type A Exterior approved cement boards)
- Untreated Exposure I or exterior plywood sheathing (grade C-D or better)
- Untreated Exposure I OSB
- Gypsum sheathing (ASTM C79/ASTM C1396)
- Poured concrete/unit masonry