Acrodry Base Coat
Acrodry Base Coat is a polymer modified, cement based, dry blend product that can be used as an adhesive or base coat.
- Excellent adhesion & flexibility
- Dry blend—less waste
- 1 component—just add water
- Low cement content
- Vapor permeable
- Easy application
- Water clean up
- For use with the Acrocrete wall systems to adhere expanded polystyrene insulation board to the following approved substrates: ASTM C1177 type sheathings, including DensGlassTM exterior sheathing, e2XPTM sheathing, GlasRoc® sheathing, SecurockTM glass-mat sheathing, Weather DefenseTM Platinum sheathing, GreenGlass® sheathing, PermaBaseTM cement-board by National Gypsum and other cement-boards (ASTM C1325 Type A Exterior), Untreated Exposure I or exterior plywood sheathing (grade C-D or better), Untreated Exposure I OSB, gypsum sheathing (ASTM C79/ASTM C1396), poured concrete/unit masonry.
- To adhere expanded polystyrene insulation board to expanded polystyrene insulation board.
- For use on Acrocrete wall systems to embed Acrocrete reinforcing mesh to the specified substrate.
- Acrodry can also be used as a skim coat to produce a smooth and level surface on masonry, concrete or stucco.
22.6 kg per bag (50 lbs per bag)
Approximate coverage rates are as follows:
- Adhere EPS insulation board to substrate: 6.5 m2 (70 ft2) per bag via notched trowel method
- Embed ACROMESH 4: 11.1 m2 (120 ft2) per bag
- Adhere EPS insulation board to substrate and embed Acromesh 4: 4.6 m2 (50 ft2) per bag
- As a skim coat for stucco and masonry surfaces: coverage will vary depending on the irregularity of the surface.