Acrobase 60 Base Coat
Acrobase 60 is a 100% acrylic based product that is field mixed with Type I or Type II Portland cement that can be used as an adhesive and base coat.
- Vapor permeable
- Easy application
- Water clean up
- VOC compliant
- Excellent weather resistance
- For use with the Acrocrete wall systems to adhere expanded polystyrene insulation board to the following approved substrates: ASTM C1177 type sheathings, including DensGlassTM exterior sheathing, e2 XPTM sheathing, GlasRoc® sheathing, SecurockTM glass-mat sheathing, Weather DefenseTM Platinum sheathing, GreenGlass® sheathing; PermaBaseTM cement-board by National Gypsum and other cement-boards (ASTM C1325 Type A Exterior); and poured concrete/unit masonry.
- To adhere expanded polystyrene insulation board to expanded polystyrene insulation board.
- For use on Acrocrete wall systems to embed Acrocrete reinforcing mesh to the specified substrate.
- Acrobase 60 can also be used as a skim coat to produce a smooth and level surface on masonry or concrete.
27.2 kg per 19-liter pail (60 lbs per 5-gallon pail)
Approximate coverage rates are as follows:
Adhere EPS insulation board to substrate: 14.8 m2 (160 ft2) per pail via notched trowel method, 16.7 m2 (180 ft2) per pail via ribbon and dab method Embed Acromesh 4: 26 m2 (280 ft2) per pail
Adhere EPS insulation board to substrate and embed Acromesh 4: 11.1 m2 (120 ft2) per pail
As a skim coat for stucco and masonry surfaces: coverage will vary depending on the irregularity of the surface.